Raising Up Guardians of the Vision of Jesus Christ

My photo
My name is Rich Layfield, I am 24 years old and I am from West Virginia, but I am currently doing missions work in El Salvador. When I am in El Salvador I am an Associate Pastor of a Discipleship program for children called Club Castillo. I am currently Supervisor of Levels 1-7 in the process of Club Castle where I am the coordinator of level 6 which is a level that last 3 months and exists of the following, the student completing a worksheet and reading the whole book of Isaiah while completing 3 classes( 1 every week) followed by 4 weeks of drama and song training, followed by 4 weeks of Evangelistic programs to graduate the children to the next level which starts them as Guardians of The Vision. This is a little of what I do in El Salvador
Devoted to seeing Children experiencing "Extreme experiences with Jesus Christ with out limits"

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend of Fire and Power!


Hey Family!
I want to give a little recap on how I spent my weekend. This weekend was really different, the Lord really answered my prayers after 17 days of fasting Soda.


Friday night Vigilia,

It all started on Friday night when I went to an all night prayer worship services (vigilia) in one of our most dangerous areas, where the Spirit of God was just hovering and inhabiting the place that we were occupying for the vigilia. Although It was raining so hard that brother Donald Triplett had to stop preaching for a few minutes and pray it was powerful! Around 12:00 in the morning there was an alter call given, and It was awesome to see many youth and teenagers receiving from the Lord Jesus Christ. What happened at 12 am on Friday night is that we saw our youth hungry for an Extreme Experience With Jesus Christ with out limits!



Saturday Guardians Service,

On Saturday I had the privilege to share the gospel and minister to the children who I primarily work with. There was already a powerful presence of God in the tent where we were holding our services so that made it even better. I spoke on Isaiah 55: 6 - 8, Seeking the Lord while he may be found, and a service that normally takes 20 minutes lasted for an hour and 15 minutes with children on their knees praying and crying out to the Lord with their hands raised to heaven declaring "Victory in Christ 100% over their families, schools, and country. In this time we saw chains of bondage being broken, children being set free from their 2 way living and making a decision to follow Christ. It was a powerful time watching children be children of the spirit!


Sunday BIG DAY,

Every third Sunday of the month we minister in song and drama, and every month falls on one of these three ministries Masters Comission, Warriors, and `Guardians. This month the Last Harvest Masters Commission had the service where they took us back in time and into reality of how things were at pentecost!
The drama started out with a modern day scene continuing through the drama as they were taking us in bible times also. The modern day scene was a father and daughter walking on the street, as a gang member came up to her and fatally shot her. All was hopeless and the paramedics and doctors were working on her to save her but gave up leaving her there and the father there in distress and praying for a miracle. During all of this the Masters were creating a visual of those heroes in the bible, Peter walking on the water, Samson and Delilah, and Ezequiel speaking over the dry bones and them coming to life. Then came the part that you have all been waiting for, we come back to present times, the father is holding his dead daughter in his hands pleading with the Lord and praying for a miracle. As the father was praying the the Lord broke the barriers of present and past and raised the girl from the dead! Then The power just started filling the place when the conclusion of the drama occurred. The last scene which took place in the upper room, where the alter call was given, from there I just began to feel a presence like I have never felt before in our church. I am not sure how long we were praying but I know that the presence of the Lord was there and was hovering in a thick haze, to the point to where I could not stand up.

I will share with you that which I shared with the Guardians on Saturday, ISA: 55-6 says "Seek the Lord While he may be found; call upon him while he is near." As we are in these times of perverse and violent ages we need to seek and be in communion with the father so that when we have problems and needs we can ask OUR father in heaven. I pray that everyone who reads this will live a life holy and acceptable unto God, listening and obeying his voice so that we can be his Ambassadors of the gospel to the ends of the earth.


May God bless you my family as we proclaim Victory in Christ 100% in the nations
Richard Layfield





No comments:

Post a Comment