Raising Up Guardians of the Vision of Jesus Christ

My photo
My name is Rich Layfield, I am 24 years old and I am from West Virginia, but I am currently doing missions work in El Salvador. When I am in El Salvador I am an Associate Pastor of a Discipleship program for children called Club Castillo. I am currently Supervisor of Levels 1-7 in the process of Club Castle where I am the coordinator of level 6 which is a level that last 3 months and exists of the following, the student completing a worksheet and reading the whole book of Isaiah while completing 3 classes( 1 every week) followed by 4 weeks of drama and song training, followed by 4 weeks of Evangelistic programs to graduate the children to the next level which starts them as Guardians of The Vision. This is a little of what I do in El Salvador
Devoted to seeing Children experiencing "Extreme experiences with Jesus Christ with out limits"

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Update Aug 5, 2009

Hello Brothers and Sisters
I know that It has been a while since I have been able to communicate with you, but on July 26 of this year I was on my way home after a Sunday service and had an auto accident.  I am okay but even though I can not remember all of what happened  I am fine now.  I spent 1 week in the hospital here in San Salvador trying to recuperate from the accident, I suffered minor bumps and bruises but the problem that I suffered with was that in the accident I ripped my meniscus in my knee and had to have knee surgery to repair it.  I was released from the  hospital on Saturday August 1st and with every fiber of strength I hobbled to our mega fair to see the children that were there and my Guardians who had been praying for me and visiting me.  Even though I just had surgery the doctor told me that I could walk, It would hurt but I could walk, having been given these orders I was dying to see the children, and when I arrived there I had the blessing to be part of a mega fair that had 1,024 children in attendance.  What a Blessing!!   I still have 3 staples in my knee but that Is not stopping me this is the national week of vacations here in El Salvador for  most anyway but for myself and the other pastors of the children it is a time to take advantage and minister to children.  So tomorrow levels 11 and 12 of the Guardians of the vision will be going with me and we will be ministering in a place called "Nueva Esperanza"  "New Hope" to the children and those who are in the castle club of that area.   Thank you all very much for your prayers and concerns, God is faithful in everything that we do.  I am up and walking and working with the children almost as if nothing even happened, all of this only 1 week after surgery!! God is Awesome and we have Victory in Christ, as He has demonstrated to me personally in these past 2 weeks. May God Bless everyone in this Last Harvest!!



prayer requests:
$ 400.00 - Missions trip to panama with the Guardians of the vision in January (international Cumbre summit)
Children Pastors Oscar, Sulma, Krystal, and Rich
Children leaders
Finances 

God bless you 
Rich
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment