Raising Up Guardians of the Vision of Jesus Christ

My photo
My name is Rich Layfield, I am 24 years old and I am from West Virginia, but I am currently doing missions work in El Salvador. When I am in El Salvador I am an Associate Pastor of a Discipleship program for children called Club Castillo. I am currently Supervisor of Levels 1-7 in the process of Club Castle where I am the coordinator of level 6 which is a level that last 3 months and exists of the following, the student completing a worksheet and reading the whole book of Isaiah while completing 3 classes( 1 every week) followed by 4 weeks of drama and song training, followed by 4 weeks of Evangelistic programs to graduate the children to the next level which starts them as Guardians of The Vision. This is a little of what I do in El Salvador
Devoted to seeing Children experiencing "Extreme experiences with Jesus Christ with out limits"

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Month of the child José Ricardo


This is one of my favorite kids here in El Salvador His name is José Ricardo and is from zone 7.  I had the privilege  to get to know him as he was in my Holy Spirit camp in the end of September.  He is 10 years old and loves being in the castle club program where he is currently in level 4 preparing to pass over to level 5.  During the camp that he attended I had the privilege to teach, play and minister to him where he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit which changed his life forever.

This picture was taken at one of our parties that was held in the zone for the children, as we are celebrating the month of the child.  José attended our mega fair where he won some castle dollars, With these castle dollars he could go and buy in the castle toy store, cars, stuffed animals and many other toys.  During our devotional service where he still had his castle dollars decided that he was going to give all that he had to the offering.  Sitting and thinking with 3 castle dollars in his hand he took one and gave it in the offering.  Although it was not real money God saw and took his offering as José gave his "toy" in the offering.  It is not about the money it is about where your heart is and what you are willing to give to the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment